Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Novel-Tea: Part 7

I was immediately drawn in by the first chapter of this book. I HAD to know the backstory as to why two former best friends were so painfully awkward when bumped into each other randomly.



Friends Like Us by Lauren Fox was a page-turner for me. The love-triangle aspect reminded me a lot of one of my favorite chick-lit books, Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin. I admit, I was a bit disappointed with the ending. It was vague, and I like my endings all tied up with a pretty bow on top. Despite the ending, I really enjoyed it and it was worth the read. I'm going to read her first book Still Life With Husband.... but I have sooooo many books on my to-read list. It's insane. This blogging thing is super-fun but it cuts into the time I used to spend reading.

The tea I chose to tell you about today is called Bear Trap by DAVIDsTEA.



I've had it both hot and iced and it's really good etiher way. It's a very strong fruity flavour - nothing subtle about this one!

Barely steeped


It turns a lovely magenta colour as it steeps.

Fully steeped


My querying process continues.... so far, thirteen emails sent and six replies. All were no, but a few were kind enough to urge me to continue trying, as they were interested (apparently this a key word in agent-speak) but it wasn't the right personal fit for them.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Mmmm that tea sounds delish! My parents just saw a bear in our yard the other day :( :( Maybe they will have to put some of that tea in a cage and catch it! Haha ok I'm corny

xo Rachel

www.glamhampton.com

Jen said...

Eeek! Scary!

Shannon & Katrina said...

great blog!!
xoxo
Shannon
p.s. maybe we can follow each other?
LuckNo7