Friday, April 26, 2013

The Umbrella

Are you an umbrella person?

For me, it depends on where I am. When I lived in Vancouver, umbrellas were essential and functional. The nice thing about Vancouver is that when it rains, it rains vertically. You have an umbrella - you don't get wet. Here in Halifax, rain tends to fall horizontally due to the wind, and umbrellas often die tragically via broken bones (ok... broken spokes).


Photo by Amanda Brownhill Photography
Details
Blazer: Banana Republic (via Crimson Clover Boutique, Halifax)
Jeans: Old Navy (Halifax)
Shoes: Franco Sarto (Town Shoes, Toronto)
Tee: Smart Set (Halifax)
Bubble Necklace: Etsy
Umbrella: Borrowed from Amanda Brownhill Photography

When I was a teenager, I'd often go for long walks with my friend during hot summer rains,  and not even bother to try to avoid a drenching. As an adult, the novelty of being soaked has worn off - I'd rather be dry!

I'm linked with longdistanceloving today for an April Showers theme post.

Do you like the rain?

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: