Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: The Destination

Of course Treasure Tuesday must be followed by Wedding Wednesday!

I've had some requests to share how I'm doing with the wedding planning. I'm going to keep this first post fairly basic and likely won't be doing a wedding post every week, as the whole point of doing a destination wedding is to avoid a lot of picky details. I'm not a picky wedding details type of person, and while I love receiving wedding jam, there's no way I'm going to be making any. Nor am I going to be sitting around making Save the Date cards or gluing tulle/burlap/ribbons to anything. The fewer things I have to do, the less stress I'll create, and the happier a bride I will be! And here's my disclaimer: I have been to a lot of weddings and loved them ALL so don't be offended by the lack of burlap/jam/tulle/ribbon-ness in my planning if you in fact used burlap/jam/tulle/ribbons - it was beautiful!!

The first big thing that R and I did after we got engaged was decide that we were going to do a destination wedding. In fact, we agreed on going away fairly early on in the process -I think we decided within a week of our engagement.. Choosing to go away and get married is a more popular decision these days, especially in the after-30 crowd. For us, we'd both been to a lot of local weddings that were absolutely amazing, but we wanted to do something different. We also figured we'd end up spending a lot less on "details" if we went away.

We tossed around the idea of going south (as in Caribbean), but based on our choice for time of year (fall), we decided against it as fall is hurricane season and we didn't want to risk the chance of a storm crashing our special day.

We wanted a place that was easily accessible, and that gave people some choice as to how long they could stay for. We also wanted to pick a spot with varying levels of accommodations, from budget to splurge-worthy.

Las Vegas is our destination! R and I have been there before, and I loved watching all the brides walking around the hotels, getting photos, and having fun.


XOXO
Glitterary Girl



No comments: