Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: Daytime Skin Care Routine

I like to think I generally take good care of my skin. I've been wearing SPF every day for over ten years, I've been using night cream and eye cream faithfully since my late 20's, and I never EVER sleep with makeup on.

With the wedding a few months away, I questioned whether I had to make any big changes to my routine. After some careful thought, I decided to invest in a few more products and actually use them rather than spend a lot of money on facials. I LOVE facials, but wedding prep s expensive enough and where I don't have any major skin issues, I need spend my dollars on something else.

My daytime routine is more simple than my nighttime routine.

1) After working out (which I will share the details of in another wedding prep post) I wash my face in the shower with The Body Shop Nutriganics Foaming Face Wash. 



2) Once I'm out of the shower and dried off, I immediately apply The Body Shop Nutriganics Drops of Youth. I've been using this product for almost a month now and it is ahhhh-mazing. It gives my skin a glow that nothing else does. I can tell if I forget to use it (which doesn't happen often) and it does wonders to reduce the little lines on the sides of my eyes.  A little goes a long way - I only use a drop or two.



3) I'm not too picky with that I use for SPF. I've tried a few from The Body Shop, but I'm not a huge fan of their SPF 30 product. In the winter, I use SPF 15, but in the summer I always wear SPF 30. Right now I'm using Olay Complete.



4) The last thing I use before make-up (which in the summer is often just concealer and BB cream as far as face products go) is my Vitamin C Skin Boost. from The Body Shop. It makes my skin really soft and acts as a primer. Plus, it smells like oranges which is a great scent to energize you for the day!


I am by no means an expert on skincare, but this routine has been working for me! I'm going to be diligent with it all the way up to the wedding. I have a Love Your Body membership from The Body Shop, which always saves me 10%, and I also only buy my products when they have 50% off skin care (which happens about once a month). I don't have to restock often as it takes me at least three months to get through the products. I just keep a mental note of what I'm getting low on, and when a sale pops up, I buy.

Did you do anything special for your skin before you wedding?

XOXO
Gltterary Girl

No comments: