Monday, December 22, 2014

Little Loves Lately: 12/22/14

If you're scrambling for last-minute presents for someone who loves girly things, I have some ideas for you! It's been quite some time since I've shared the products that have been on high rotation in my routine.

Sephora VIP Pass Eyeshadow Palette




So, this is no longer available on-line, but I managed to find mine in-store a few weeks ago. Who knows if there are any left....

This was basically too cute to pass up for $12. It's tiny (smaller than my hand), lightweight (perfect for stashing in your purse when you need to change your look from day to night), and comes with eight neutral colors (most which have a bit of shimmer to them). I'd also never tried Sephora brand shadows, so it was a good way to give them a test.



I've used this palette three or four times since I bought it. Most of the colors have a bit too much shimmer for me to use them on a normal work-day, but I love the colors in this kit for a night out. The matte shades are definitely do-able for daylight too.  They seem to have good staying power and good pigmentation. A great mix of light and darker shades as well.

It would be worth stopping by your local Sephora to see if they have any of these left!

Make Up Forever HD Complexion Starter Kit



This was a purchase I made before the wedding. I wanted a "real" foundation for Vegas, as I normally just use BB creams. I'd heard a lot of really good things about this foundation, so I decided to give the complexion starter kit a try.

The kit comes with a full size foundation, a nice kabuki brush, a small primer, and a small powder. I love everything about this kit! Well, except for the price, but it actually is worth it. Used together (with some concealer - not an item included in the kit) these products can give a flawless face.

I think this would be a great kit for anyone looking to find an easy to use foundation. I think I'll buy a blender sponge soon or a nice foundation brush for applying the liquid as the kabuki included (a beautiful brush by the way!) is really just for the powder.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink In Moisture Mask

My skin has been described by estheticians as dehydrated. It's not dry or flaky, just prone to looking dull and tired... not a great look. I struggle with my fluid consumption, especially since getting my Invisalign braces.When I'm wearing them, I can't drink anything but plain water (which I don't love less it's super-cold).

On recommendation from one of the sales associates, I decided to try this mask. I got it half off (40% off sale plus my Love Your Body discount).

I've been using this once per week. I apply thin to medium layer at night, just like a moisturizer. You can tissue it off after a bit or leave it on (I leave it on). The next day, my skin is very noticeably softer and looks more plump and healthy. This got rid of my post-cold dry patches around my nose too!

Given the time of year, I think this would make a great addition to your skin weapons against winter.

Christmas is just around the corner... three more sleeps! I hope all of my blog readers have a wonderful holiday! I'll be taking about a week off from blogging and will return with some holiday outfit looks just in time for New Year's. 2015 should be an exciting style year as there are rumours of several fun stores coming to Halifax (Urban Outfitters, Zara, and Brandy Melville to name a few).

Merry Christmas!
XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: