Sunday, April 26, 2015

Review: Forea Luna Mini

I love trying new things. I could spend hours wandering around Sephora, picking up every tube, jar, and box. I don't even care if I buy anything necessarily. My favorite days are when a consultant comes up and offers me a sample of what I'm looking at. Yay! Sometimes I'm too shy to ask for samples.

Certain things can't be sampled though, and that includes this next little gadget. The Forea Luna Mini is a skin care tool that would be in direct competition with the Clarisonic (which I've never tried). My reasoning for wanting to try the Luna Mini is I really like the idea of having every last bit of makeup removed. I ALWAYS take off my makeup before going to bed. Being on the other side of 35, I also want to be sure that the skin care products that go on after cleansing are being absorbed fully, which apparently doesn't happen if your skin isn't properly cleaned.

So why not Clarisonic? I did some research and realized that with Clarisonic, you have to buy replacement heads. The Luna Mini has no heads to replace. I also didn't like the idea of what might be lurking in the Clarisonic bristles, no matter how well you rinse them. 

I had a decision to make with the color, as it comes in several shades. The turquoise won. It matches our countertop.



I've been using the Luna Mini for about two months now, and I haven't had to recharge it. I wet my face, apply my cleanser of choice directly to my face, then turn on my mini. When you turn it on, it buzzes for about 15 seconds and then there is a pause, which prompts you to move on to the next section of your face. I do left side of chin and left cheek, right side of chin and right cheek, nose, and then forehead last. After one minute it pauses three times, and then I turn it off. I don't use it to take off eye makeup. I do that after using the Mini, with a dedicated eye makeup remover. 

I rinse my face well with water, then pat dry with a towel. 

So, what do I think of it? 

I like it! Admittedly, I don't have what you'd consider "problem skin". I'm not prone to breakouts, nor do I have oily skin or large pores. Since there wasn't really anything I was trying to fix, I can't speak to how well it resolves skin issues. I can say that it makes my skin really soft and feel super clean. I'm glad I bought it, and I will absolutely continue to use it, but if it broke, I don't know that I'd rush out to replace it unless I noticed issues with my skin after stopping it. 

Here's a photo of what I'm using right now for my skin at night. 



Washing face: Luna Mini and either Body Shop Nutriganics Foaming facial Wash or Peter Thomas Roth  Anti-aging Cleansing Gel
Treatment: Either Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum in Oil or Ole Henrickson Pure Truth Youth Activating oil
Moisturizing: Body Shop Nutriganics Smoothing Night Cream
Eye cream: Body Shop Nutriganics Smoothing Eye Cream

Do you use a facial cleansing tool? Please share your opinion!

The Luna Mini retails for C $159 at Sephora.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl


No comments: