Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Currently 11/11/15

Reading: I literally just finished a book with the final line being "Eat the cupcakes." Obviously the book was good. It was Tales From the Back Row by Amy Odell - a funny read about behind the scenes in the fashion industry. I feel like it's been a long time since I've talked about books... I've read a lot in the past few months, partly because I'm spending some time on the incline treadmill, and I can read while I burn calories. Other reads include:
For Today I am a Boy - Kim Fu - A solid read about a transgendered youth.
Adult Onset - Ann Marie MacDonald - So sad to say this was disappointing to me. I love her other books. I found the main character just wasn't likable enough for me.
In the Unlikely Event - Judy Blume - So many characters! It was a good read but if you have the choice, read it in hard copy rather than on an e-reader. It's easier to go back and re-read parts that way!
To Lain Roads - JJ Goosens - My brother in law gave me a copy of this book. It was a bit slow to start, but then it picked up and got really funny. An odd ending, but worth the read!
My Townie Heart - Diana Sperrazza - This was kindly sent to me as a review copy. I totally enjoyed it! Raw at times, and certainly not a feel-good read for the most part, but her character development was excellent. I loved that it was set in the seventies as I haven't read many books from that time period.

Writing: The usual blog posts, although I've reduced to two-ish a week. I'm also jotting down ideas for a novel, although I'm not sure I'll ever have time to actually write it. I'm going to try a detailed outline with this one, as my first novel was only loosely outlined. Maybe if I break it down a lot, it will be easier to write in small chunks. I always felt I couldn't get into a good writing groove unless I had a few solid hours, which just doesn't happen very often. The second half of my first novel was written when I was unemployed and had lots of free time!

Clicking: It's funny how I tend to rotate my social media obsessions. Lately, I've been spending more time on Twitter. Not that I'm tweeting much - I'm just lurking. I've also been spending a fair bit of time on Bieber News (I've always been a fan of JB, but even more so with his new music, which is amazing...)

Seeing: I'm sitting here in front of the TV watching DVR'ed episodes of The Social. There may be almost thirty of them on there. I'll watch them eventually.

Smelling: My tea - North African Mint from DAVIDsTEA. It's in the cutest mug from Chapters Indigo that I picked up for $2! The coaster is from Winners/Homesense.



Feeling: Pretty excited today! We're talking about our March vacation and it just so happens that a certain favourite musical artist of mine just released tour dates for LA and Vegas during our week off, which I totally wasn't expecting. #PURPOSETOUR.  Overall, I have been feeling much more awake thanks to B12 injections and a starting dose of Synthroid.



Watching: We're one episode away from finishing season three of Homeland. R and I are watching together which is a must as I get hopelessly lost and need to be reminded of who people are quite often! We also finally started watching this season of Grey's. The dance video for "Sorry" has also been viewed by me approximately 7,000 times.

Wearing: Sweatpants, t-shirt, hoodie and slippers. It's a holiday and a housework day. My skin also needs a make-up break too.

Hearing: R is crunching on carrots and hummus. I'd have some too but it's too annoying with my Invisalign. I'll be ending active treatment in January and moving on to a retainer!

Anticipating: Is it super-geeky of me to be looking forward to a work course I'm taking next week? I'm heading back to my old stomping grounds (Truro) to a palliative care course I've been wanting to take for quite some time now. Christmas season is just around the corner, and I may get a start on my shopping this weekend. For those of you who haven't heard, lululemon will be opening a seasonal store in Halifax Shopping Centre on Nov 16. How convenient!


Follow me on Instagram! @jennifermerlin14

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

1 comment:

Melanie @ Life's Sweet Words said...

Yes for sweats and makeup break days!! Popping over from The Sunday Currently! Love this post and your coffee mug :) So great! Happy Monday!