Sunday, November 08, 2015

My Monthly Purchases: October 2015 (2)

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. I used to have a monthly budget, but partway through 2014, I switched to a quarterly budget of $500. This can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget.

My last post was some of my October purchases, with the rest being shared today. In case you missed it, I was in Scottsdale, AZ and did a bit of shopping while I was there!

T-Shirt: J Crew
Reg $42 on sale for $18
I'm a fan of sparkly things on shirts. 






Sweater: Banana Republic
Reg $80, on sale for $30
This was something I was eying in Canada, so when I saw it south of the border (and deeply discounted) I nabbed it! I'm glad I wandered in BR - I nearly by-passed it.





Pants: Anthropologie
Reg $128, on sale for $20
You know how you're shopping by yourself, and you really have to trust the opinion of the sales person? This is how came home with these pants. They are definately more of a summer item, but I might be able to squeeze a wear out of them before I put them away for the season. They have crazy-wide legs!




Dress: H&M
Reg $15
Cutest dress. Amazing price. Can't wait to wear it!




Shirt: Forever 21
Reg $16
The navy and orange in this shirt caught my eye, and it has a cute upper back cutout. 




Tunic: Forever 21
Reg $18
This is listed as a dress on the tag, but even on a shorty like me, it would be tres short. I'll be wearing this with leggings or pants!





Boots: Aldo
Reg $120, on sale for $54
I've had these boots for MONTHS. I really liked them, but I was hesitant if I'd actually get a lot of wear out of them. So I left them in the box to think about it. Aldo has a great return policy (unlimited with receipt and unworn) so I was able to give them a lot of thought. I finally caved and wore them last week - twice! I'm glad I didn't take them back.




Shoes: Aldo
Reg $80, on sale for $40
This sneaker/loafer hybrid is the best. So comfy, so cute, and they add a few inches! The only thing I worry about is the white part getting dirty. 



Sneakers: Converse
Reg $60 on sale for $23
If you've not been to a Nordstrom Rack, you need to find one next time you're in the US. I could have spent hours (and a ton of moola) in this place. Thanks to R's shopping threshold (45 min), I didn't even have time to try on any clothing. But I did find these gems.... last pair... in my size. 






I also purchased some accessories, but I'm not going to show them all. I bought a few pairs of earrings, a hat, a few necklaces, socks, and a few more things I'm probably forgetting. The total I paid for all of these was $60 (regular price was about $180)

Original cost of items: $739
Price I paid: $294
I saved 60%

My total spend for October was $468. That leaves me $263 left to spend of the rest of the year - including Black Friday and Boxing Day (gulp). Give me strength. 

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: