Friday, December 11, 2015

Girly Stuff: A Haul

For the second time this year, I was able to redeem $200 of Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum Points. I thought I'd show you some of the more fun things I picked up on my spree as well as a few things I ordered on-line from Sephora on Black Friday.

The only thing I dislike about these lipsticks is they easily smudge on the cap. I like things neat and tidy.

Primrose (left) and Orchid (right)


Essie Gel Setter top coat
Lately I've been using the OPI Infinite Shine top coat, but that's not available at Shoppers and I really needed a new one. I decided to try this Essie one and I'm not disappointed. I had red nails last week and they lasted 5 days with absolutely no chipping and on the sixth day it chipped a tiny bit. I was bored with it anyway, so I changed it, but I could have lasted another few days I'm sure. 

Revlon Ultra HD lipstick in Orchid and Primrose
I have this type of lipstick in Magnolia which is gorgeous, but more of a summer shade. I wanted something bold for the winter so I tried these shades. They were on sale too! I love both colors. They make your lips feel really soft.



Sally Hansen Complete Manicure in Tropical Thunder and Branch Out

Tropical Thunder is on my nails right now and it's a beautiful dark blue/teal. Branch Out is a dark brown that will replace my super old Sephora polish that is similar. I love the wide brush on these polishes.



Boscia Pink Peppermint Blotting Linens (from Sephora)
Now that my skin has decided to go oily, I wanted to try some blotting papers. I've only tried one on my make-up free face just to see how they worked. I'll try them with makeup soon and see if they disrupt things. 

Rimmel Brow This Way
No more shelling out $30 for Benefit Gimme Brow! I discovered this brow gel over the summer and while it's maybe not quite as good as Benefit, it's so much less money and the difference to me is really minimal. 

Quo Art of Blending sponge set
These little Beauty Blender knock offs are too cute! I've not tried a Beauty Blender so I can't comment on a comparison, but I quite like the dewy finish these sponges give. My skin has gone cray-cray again this week, so I've been leaning toward a higher coverage face. I need to play around with these a bit more to try to get full cover.



Tarte High Performance Neutrals Cheek Set
This was a Black Friday Sephora deal. I got the little Tarte set last year with the stick blush and mini lip crayon and I use it a lot so I figured I'd love this set as well, and I do! The pan blush is a really pretty neutral and it does have shimmer, but a tasteful amount. The stick blush is less shimmery and is a color that would probably work on anyone.

If anyone has any specific questions about the products above, throw me a line! A huge thanks to fellow blogger Sara at Girl Met Blush who helped me out a lot with the SDM haul.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl


No comments: