Monday, January 04, 2016

My Monthly Purchases: December 2015

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. I used to have a monthly budget, but partway through 2014, I switched to a quarterly budget of $500. This can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget.

This month, I saved all of my shopping for after Christmas. Everything below was bought in the span of two hours. A bad cold has seriously affected my activities. Normally I'd have been all over the place catching deals by the time Jan. 4 has rolled around. I just haven't felt up to it. I did buy some things online which haven't arrived yet. They will go into my January budget if I keep them. 

Sweater: Club Monaco
Reg $130, on sale for $25
This sweater is blindingly white and really soft. I think I'll be able to dress it up or down.



Hat: Club Monaco
Reg $80, on sale for $13
This was too cozy and warm to leave on the shelf.



Sweater: Wilfred Free by Aritzia
Reg $95, on sale for $90 (used $50 gift card won from HSC= $40)
I've been eyeing this sweater for months. I struggled with what color to get, but black won in the end. I like how long it is in the back, and you can actually wear it upside down for a different look.



Sweater: TNA by Aritzia
Reg $35, on sale for $32
The closest thing to a hug is this sweater. It is soooooo soft. My basic grey sweatshirt has passed its prime, so this is a replacement item.


Shirt: Banana Republic
Reg $124, on sale for $26
Fringe is my favourite! The bottom edge on this blouse is so fun. What a steal at $100 off!



Shirt: Banana Republic
Reg $50, on sale for $13
One can never have too many long sleeved grey tees.


Original value of items: $514
Price I paid: $149
I saved 71%

I stayed within my $2000 budget for the year, and I'm rolling ahead $63 to next year. I'm still on the hunt for a gold watch, and once I get back down to my usual weight, I want a new pair of jeans. My next quarter ends in March, and we'll be going to LA, so I hope I can hold off on a lot of my spending until then!

I did get a few fashion things for Christmas, but I'll save those for style posts. I hope you found some great post-holiday sales too!

I've never done this before, but I decided to tally up what I would have spent this year on clothing if everything I bought was full-price. This year's total is... $5835. I'm really glad I have an eye for sales...

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: