Monday, April 11, 2016

Currently 04.11.16

Reading

In the past few months I've read four books.
Isla and the Happily Ever After - Stephanie Perkins. Another YA book that I completely loved! Set in Paris (how romantic...) it told the story of two high school students who fall in love. I can't wait to read more by this author.
Among the Ten Thousand Things - Julia Pierpont. Since my work can be kind of heavy, I prefer to read books that aren't melancholy. So I wasn't a big fan of this novel. There was nothing "wrong" with it, and in my previous life, I think I would have liked it.
The Museum of Innocence - Orhan Pamuck. Wow, this one took me forever to get through. It was my "leave at work" book for three months! I enjoyed it, although it was slow at times. Another love story, this one spanning several decades.
Nowhere but Up - Pattie Mallette. Yes, Justin Bieber's mom's book. It actually had a to less to do with Justin than I thought it would. It was an interesting recount of her early life story, and she's been through some hard times.

Writing

To-do lists for spring cleaning. A few blog posts here and there. Care plans at work.

Clicking

I've been spending more time on Instagram lately. Medical Aid in Dying (MAID) is also a news issue I'm keeping close tabs on. I'm way behind in keeping up with my favourite blogs.

Watching

R and I are still obsessed with the OJ show - we have two more episodes to watch. We watched the IHeartRadio music awards. We're six shows behind on Grey's! Insurgent was a movie we rented, but we didn't love it. I finished the latest season of PLL. I'm also watching I Am Cait. In LA when I had the flu, we watched some Fuller House and I started the third season of Hart of Dixie.

Let's go back here (LA) without the flu this time. 


Seeing

Why do I always blog when R watches The Walking Dead?

Hearing

See above, and also the quiet dishwasher running behind me.

Smelling

Peach Bellini candle from BBW.

Wearing

The same thing I wore to work. A long cardigan with a 3/4 sleeve shirt, black loose pants. Hair in a bun because today was an epic bad hair day.



Feeling

Pretty good! I've been consistent with exercising 4-5 times per week and have kept off the cleanse and post-flu weight I lost. I'm sitting four to five-ish pounds over where I want to be, but that's better than 12.  I'm also feeling very happy for all my friends who have welcomed babies into their lives in the past few weeks!

Anticipating

R and I were saying we need to book another trip so we have something to look forward to! I'm excited for consistent spring weather (which is rare in Canada but one can hope).



XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: