Monday, April 04, 2016

My Monthly Purchases: March 2016

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $500. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

March will be another two part event. This is part one, and I'll post part two next week. Part two will all be birthday gifts, although some gifts are also included in this post. 

Scarf : American Eagle Outfitters
Reg $40, on sale for $14
This is so soft. I really didn't need another scarf but it was so pretty... it's a blanket scarf.



Tank tops : H&M
Reg $7 each x 2 = $14
These are replacement tanks for ones of mine that are wearing out. I bought grey and black.



Earrings: H&M
Reg $7
I'm loving the front/back styles right now.



Boots: Artica via Browns (no longer available on-line)
Reg $248, on sale for $60
I'm all for buying winter boots at end of season. I did the same last year with my black leather ones. I can't get over the deal I got. These brown boots are so warm and will give me something to be excited to wear once the weather gets cold next winter!




Shorts: Banana Republic
Reg $55, family and friends discount $27.50
I wanted a new pair of shorts for LA, and these were my choice. I wore them on vacation and they were great. They are the perfect length.




Jacket: Forever 21 (no longer available on-line)
Reg: $45, on sale for $11
Ok, this jacket makes me totally nostalgic for my Levi's bomber from grade 7. It was black with white sleeves and red lettering. This bomber trend gets thumbs up from me. Stay tuned for (maybe) another one next month!



Shirt: Winners
Reg $30, on sale for $13
I found this four days before my concert! Can we go back to this hair please?





Original value of items: $439
Price I paid: $147
I saved 66%

That leaves me with $52 to roll ahead for next quarter. I'm going to try my best to do something different for April-June. Last year, I noticed that summer clothes go on sale in June. In Nova Scotia, we don't even wear summer clothes until June, so why buy them any earlier? I do have an order being shipped from Banana Republic, but after that, I'm going to try to save most of my money for June spending.

The following items are gifts that were given to me - fun!

Sandals: Aldo
I wore these a ton in LA and they were really comfy. I did add a ball of foot cushion to them, which I love doing to any shoe. They are perfect for dressing up/down. They'd be great in your suitcase for a resort vacation.




Bag: Michael Kors
I'd been eying this bag for weeks, and the Easter Bunny felt quite bad that I'd spent so much of the LA vacation under the weather. Since we're supposed to get some snow this week (really?), I'll save this til the weather feels more like spring. I bought the bag pom in LA.



Shirt: Rachel Roy via Winners
Seen here on my previous post.

Bag: Nine West
This is a small tote size and will likely be my work bag for the summer. I use a plain navy blue one in the winter, so this will brighten up my daily routine in the warmer months!


Be sure to check back next week to see some more gifts and the stuff I bought in LA with my birthday money!

XOXO
Glitterary Girl


No comments: