Tuesday, August 02, 2016

My Monthly Purchases: July 2016

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $500. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

I rolled ahead $6 from last quarter, and I was successful in filling two of my wishlist items (White jeans and Vans).

Jeans: Gap
Reg $80, on sale for $35
I love white jeans in the summer, and my trusty ones from Joe Fresh had seen better days. White jeans tend to need replacing every few years for me.




Shirt: Gap
Reg $45, on sale for $15
This was a bit of an impulse buy, because it was so soft. It's great for when the temperatures cool off in the evening. Don't forget to check the mens' section for shirts - this one was made for the guys.

Seriously, could I be any lazier taking a photo?

Tank: Gap
Reg 25, on sale for $8
I love long thick tanks. This one is no exception. Mine is dark blue with tiny white stripes.



Dress: Gap
Reg $70, on sale for $18
I always gravitate towards long button front dresses because a lot of them can also be worn as an open over-piece. This one is slightly big on me (my true size was gone) but it works as long as I belt it.



Shirt: Hollister
Reg $18
I rarely go in Hollister, but I was attracted to this shirt as soon as I saw it. I like how it's fitted and mock neck. It should look great with some of my higher waisted bottoms. The white one was too see-through but the grey one works.



Shoes: Vans via Little Burgundy
Reg $65, on sale for $32
I've been eyeing Vans for a while. I've also been wanting a pair of blue shoes for summer considering I wear my blue combat boots so much in the cooler months. At half price, these were a no brainer. However... they are hard on the heels for now. They definitely need to be broken in - with socks.



Original cost of items: $303
Price I paid: $126
I saved 58%.

That leaves $380 for me to spend this quarter. On my wish list - nothing too specific. I'll be hitting up downtown Toronto later in August so will probably be picking up a few (and I mean very few as I'll be traveling with a carry-on) pieces from TopShop and Zara.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: