Sunday, November 13, 2016

Currently 11.13.16

Reading

Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld
A modern take on Pride and Prejudice, I wasn't sure I'd like this book, but I actually enjoyed it. For sure a light read, but one that was well thought out and did a good job on characterization.
The Golden Son by Shilpi Somaya Gowda
I loved The Secret Daughter, so I figured I'd like this. It was about a young Indian man who is torn between is life in America and India. I loved the medical side of the story and the look into Indian culture.
Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson
Before I read this, I'd heard you'd either love this book or hate it. I was one of the ones who loved it. It's actually rare that I will laugh out loud while reading, but this book made me giggle at least half a dozen times. Everyone should read this book, especially if you or someone you love struggles with mental illness.

I'm now reading my first Stephen King novel in YEARS. I was motivated by Halloween. I'll let you know what it is next month. Hopefully I'll be done by then. I blasted through a good chunk while on vacation, so I'm hopeful.

Clicking

Lots of YouTube videos, Purpose Tour Europe updates - I so wanted to go to Glasgow to see it there. Zara on Tuesdays and Fridays to catch the new styles. If any of you saw my latest Zara haul on Instagram stories, I sent it all back. I wasn't in love with any of it once I tried it all on. I'm now hunting for velvet leggings - let me know if you find any. 

Watching

The Bachelorette Canada, This is Us, KUWTK. I watched a few old Halloween movies - The Gremlins, The Shining, and The Lost Boys (how I loved Corey Haim). On Netfix, I've just gotten into Suits. I'm so annoyingly slow with watching series on Netflix and Crave. I have a list of series I need to watch/finish. 

Eating

We had dinner with new friends at La Frasca last week, and the meal was stellar as usual. 
I've been making lots of soups and other things in the slow cooker. Leftover Halloween candy has also been popular! I'm back to using my fit bit to track calories. I had started 22 Minute Hard Corps but got about three weeks in and became bored and unmotivated so now I'm back to running/incline walking on the treadmill, which is helpful with getting through Netflix (see above).

Drinking

On vacation, I enjoyed a bottle of red wine - Goats Do Roam. I also plucked myself down at Starbucks on Halloween and tried the Frappula frappucino which was to die for (get it??) Tis the season for hot tea, so I've been having more of that than usual. I have 50 g of free DAVIDsTEA to redeem- I'm thinking Coffee Cake might be the one to choose. I loved that one last winter. Starbucks have the pretty red cups back - I had one today with a friend!



Seeing

I'm looking at my little reading area in the living room, which has been made more cozy with a new lamp.



Smelling

I made spaghetti sauce today and I can still smell it.

Hearing

I've got Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on in the background.

Wearing

Jeans, a tee, a cardigan, and sparkly socks.



Feeling

Headachy tonight if I'm being really honest. I'm glad I had a productive day, as I'm not feeling like doing much of anything tonight except watching TV. 

Anticipating
I feel like I've gotten a real break from work lately with a week vacation and two long weekends in November (I'm taking Black Friday off). I'm looking forward to dinner and a night at Trapped later this month. I'm planning on getting a good chunk of Christmas shopping done on Black Friday. I did a Sephora haul the other day for the VIB sale - hope to see that arrive sometime later this week.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl





No comments: