Sunday, January 01, 2017

Best Buys 2016 and Goal Setting

As we embark on a brand new year, I'd like to thank everyone who has read my blog over the past five years. It's evolved over time, and while I don't put as many posts out as I used to, I'm still enjoying publishing the content that I create.

I'll be spending some time today, and over the next few days, contemplating goals. I'm not so much into the word "resolutions" as I think they tend to be a bit too rigid. I like to look at the upcoming year quarter-by-quarter and then month-by-month and try to set some realistic goals in different areas of my life.

I don't do goal setting every year (I didn't for 2016), and I feel more grounded and purposeful the years that goals are set. I find it all too easy to let the year pass by and lose track of things that are important if you don't have a bit of a plan arranged.

Part of the purpose of goal setting is to guide yourself to make the right decisions. Here are the five fashion decisions I made in 2016 that I consider my soundest choices.

Hat: TNA at Aritzia
This may seem like a really odd choice for a best buy, but I honestly wore this hat so much last year. It has saved me from many a bad hair day and for that, it deserves to be on this list.




Jeans: Zara
You know that pair of jeans that make you feel good when you put them on? The ones you seem to reach for all the time? These jeans are that for me right now. These are the first jeans from Zara I've purchased and likely won't be the last!

Photo by Brett Locke 

Sneakers: Puma
I had my eye on these for so long before buying them! They are great for the cold winter days when there's no snow as they are a high top style.


Cardigan: Wilfred at Aritzia (Diderot)
Technically, I bought this at the very end of 2015. It's been worn so much this year. You can wear it normally so it hangs low in the back, or flip it upside down and it's shorter in the back. I'd definitely consider buying one in a different color. I really like how thick it is. I'm starting to collect a few different styles from Aritzia and getting them in multiple colors. Maybe I'll do a post on brand specific favourites. This store is by far my most shopped in for 2016.


Not a great photo of the cardigan


Coat: Club Monaco
After years of constantly drooling over coats at Club Monaco, I snagged beauty of a black one recently. I know I just got it, but it had to go in my best buys because even though I've only worn it a few times I'm positive I'll get so much use out of it for many years to come. I don't have a photo of me in the coat yet, but here's the link to my November buys post where I talk about it.

Happy New Year!

XOXO
Glitterary Girl




No comments: