Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Eye Favourites: March 2017

I've changed my style when it comes to eye makeup in the past few years. I used to love subtle shimmer in light colors, but lately I've been all about matte neutrals. I'll share with you the products I've been loving lately.

The base products:



I've been using Benefit Porefessional as a primer under my eyes and MAC Prep and Prime as my eyelid primer. I used to not care about either of these products, but as I'm getting older (38 today to be exact!) my skin is changing. My eyelids became oily after I started treatment for hypothyroidism - hence the need for the lid primer. I've tried a few and this is the best I've found. My dark circles are my nemesis - as is the case for  lot of fair skinned ladies. The Porefessional allows my concealer to glide on without getting cakey. My favourite undereye concealer is MAC Pro Longwear. It takes forever to use it up! The NYX color correcting powder in "Banana" works great as a setting powder for the undereye area.

The colors:




My absolute favourite palette is the one on the bottom - The Urban Decay Naked2 Basics. It has beautiful colors and blends really easily. The top left palette is the Smashbox Cover Shot in Matte. I like the colors in this palette, but I find that they're not easy to blend. I do however love that the lighter shades are bigger than the rest of them- you use them more, so that makes so much sense. The palette on the top right is Mad for Matte by Elf. That's right, Elf! It's really good! Not as easy to blend as the UD, but easier than the Smashbox. If you're looking for a palette on a budget, this one is under $8 at Wal-Mart. I do wish there were more light shades in the Elf one though!

The finishers:

I've been loving the L'Oreal Voluminous Base. I feel like it really makes a difference when  you're wearing an average mascara. It leaves a white coating on the lashes. but the mascara you put over it will cover it up. Great on it's own or over the primer is my favourite mascara at the moment- Benefit Rollerlash. 

What products are you loving lately on your eyes?

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: