Sunday, March 05, 2017

My Monthly Purchases: February 2017

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $500. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

I spent a lot this month for someone who said she wasn't going to spend anything. No regrets! I got some great pieces for a steal.

Scarf: Wilfred Free via Aritzia (still available in alternate color)
Reg $75, on sale for $30
I was so drawn to the colors of this scarf as it has an array of neutrals and goes with all of my winter coats. It's really good quality and so warm.



Hat: TNA via Aritzia
Reg $35, on sale for $15
I'm so obsessed with baseball hats from Aritzia. They fit my small head. The other two I have are dark, and I wanted a light one to take to Palm Springs.



Top: Old Navy
Reg $25, on sale for $12
I have a lot of neutrals in my wardrobe, which can make packing for somewhere sunny and warm seem a little boring. This pink top this fun and will still mix well into pieces I already own. I love the detail around the neckline.



Top: Dynamite
Reg $35, on sale for $20
This was an impulse buy, but a sound one. I was going out and wanted a new shirt, but I made sure I bought one that was also going to be something I could wear to work or on the weekend casually.



Jeans: 7 For All Mankind via Designer Outlet (175 Horseshoe Lake Drive, Halifax)
Reg $178, on sale for $20
Do I need to explain this, really? I'm obsessed with army green and these were basically free. I already wore them to work and they are so comfortable. They are a size too big, but it just makes them slightly less fitted.



Shorts: Levis via Marshall's
Reg $70, on sale for $25
I wanted a pair of patched shorts, and was looking for a darker wash, but when I tried these on I couldn't leave the store without them.



Not included in the budget is a pair of bikini bottoms from Old Navy that can be worn with three of the bikini tops I already own.

Original value of items:  $418
Price I paid: $122
I saved  71%

I have $362 to spend for March (technically). I do have some leeway though.  I can always "borrow" from next quarter. There's also a birthday present to be bought. We'll see what Palm Springs has to offer. The dollar is gross right now, so that will certainly factor into my shopping decisions. I'm most excited to visit the Desert Hills Premium Outlets. I'd love to find a new coin purse and new black jeans because my beloved Madewell ones kicked the bucket (not impressed as they were only a year old...)

Be sure to check back in early April to see what I scooped up in California!

XOXO
Glitterary Girl


No comments: