Monday, April 17, 2017

My Monthly Purchases: March 2017

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $500. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

I always love doing these posts, but especially after I get back from traveling! If you want to see everything I got, check out my previous post as it has all of the birthday gifts I got as well. Below, you'll find what I spent my own money on. Most of this was bought in California.

Shirt: All Saints Oulet
Reg $160 on sale for $32
I could have spent an absolute fortune in this store. It reminded me of an edgier, more expensive, more androgynous version of Aritzia. I limited myself to one shirt. I want to go back there.



Sneakers: Converse Outlet
Reg $100 on sale for $22
Anyone who knows me, knows my deep passion for Converse. I love love love the Missoni collaborations they do. This buy was a no-brainer.



Laces: Converse Outlet
Reg $6 on sale for $5
I bought the blue pair for my new sneakers (see above) and the camo ones for my oldest black pair.


Coin purse: Rebecca  Minkoff via Nordstrom Rack
Reg $65, on sale for $15
My wallet has a built in coin purse,but I'm actually using it for gift cards so I needed a separate one. This was adorable and I should be able to find it easily in the depths of my bag.



Flip Flops: Tory Burch 
Reg $40 on sale for $20
I normally only wear these type of flip flops at the beach. I'll be beaching in style.



Earrings: House of Harlow via Nordstrom Rack
Reg $35 on sale for $5
HOH jewelry is something I'm always on the hunt for at the Rack as they have it discounted so low.



Shirt: J Crew Outlet
Reg $37 on sale for $12
This shirt has a really nice fit and looks rather Parisian when paired with black bottoms.



Shorts: J Crew Outlet
Reg $50 on sale for $25
Strange enough, I don't have black shorts and haven't for a few years. It was a hole in my wardrobe that needed filling. They had almost the same style at Club Monaco last year, but these were much more budget friendly.



Tee: random souvenir store
Reg $15
I wasn't going to buy a souvenir shirt as you usually get them home and then don't wear them, but I really liked this one. It looks vintage.



Tee: Target
Reg $13
Band tees are always on point and RHCP have been my long time fave.



Boots: Topshop
Reg $80 on sale for $28
These were a random find in the 30 minutes I had to shop at the Grove on our day in LA. I'm obsessed with them and I'm already counting the ways I can style them all year round.



Cardigan: Element via Winners
Reg $80 on sale for $17
I bought this before our trip because I thought I'd wear it in Palm Springs. Turns out I only wore it once as I usually had either my denim jacket or bare arms in the evening. I'll get lots of wear of this though. I'm a fan of Element clothing in general.



Original value of items: $681
Price I paid: $209
I saved 69%

This marks the end of first quarter and I'm actually $153 under budget. I was very close to my luggage weight limit for the plane so it's a good thing I didn't buy more stuff. I can't think of anything in particular I'm looking for in the next little bit, but I always like to buy a few new spring tops every season. I might check out a few consignment boutiques and potentially some thrift stores soon to see if I can find any treasures.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl


No comments: