Sunday, August 27, 2017

Currently 08.27.17

Reading
Me After You - Jojo Moyes
A sequel to Me Before You, this was an easy and good read. It wasn't what I expected it would be, but it was enjoyable. The ending left lots of room for another book about Louisa.
The Light Between Oceans - M.L Stedman
I've been meaning to read this one for a long time, and I enjoyed it. I loved that it was set in Australia, and I'd even been close to the place where the story took place. Now I'll have to see the movie.
Nookietown- V.C. Chickering
This book had some not-great reviews but I read the jacket at the library and checked it out. I actually thought it was really funny. In short, married women decide to hook up their husbands with divorcees in town. Hilarity ensues.

Writing
I bought a book on writing prompts, which has been fun to pull out every now and then when I feel like writing about something random. I've also had some inspiration to flex my poetry muscles -  I have to be in a very specific mood to do it though.

Clicking
For the past day I've been furiously trying to get my phone back to normal. I just made the big switch from Android to iPhone and I'm still in the process of getting all my contacts over and my apps back. Ugh. I've been spending lots of time on social media lately and haven't been buying anything online.

Watching
Friends from College (Netflix) - I binged watched (and then watched again) the first half of this series a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure in the next few days I'll fly through the rest of it. I haven't LOL'ed at a show as much in a really long time.
To the Bone (Netflix) - I've been waiting for this movie to come out for a while. I love Lily Collins, who portrays a girl with an eating disorder and her road to recovery.
The Story of Diana (TV) - I was always intrigued by Princess Diana and I'm halfway through this two-part series on her life.She passed away the night before I left for my first year at university, which I can't believe was 20 years ago!
Boy Band (TV) - As I'm writing this, we're watching the last episode of Boy Band. I liked the concept of the show, but wasn't always a fan of the host, architects, or the process.
Bachelor in Paradise (TV) - I'm starting to like Paradise better than the regular shows. It's so dramatic.

Eating
Stubborn Goat - I always have a good meal at the Goat. And The Bully is my favourite cocktail in Halifax.
Lot Six- The atmosphere here is great. I wasn't however as impressed with my main course as I hoped to be. I'd definitely go back though!
Gecko Bus - R and I have been splititing large burrito bowls occasionally. It's always so fresh, healthy and good.
Tako Sushi - our favourite sushi spot of late. We always get the deluxe maki.

Drinking
DAVIDSTEA $1 iced teas are winding down next week which is sad.... I've been loving cider as is usually the case every summer. I like making a flavoured tea every morning at work before I get too deep into things.

Seeing
I've got Friends from College paused on the basement TV right now while I work on this post! Episode six.

Smelling
I just washed my hair, so smelling my Lush Daddy-O shampoo

Hearing
The heat pump and what I think might be golf on the main floor TV.

Wearing
Grey sweatshirt, leggings.

Feeling
A little bit of muscle burn in the legs and ankles from hiking High Head this morning. I think we only did half of it, but going up and down all the rocks was hitting some muscles that I forgot I had. Overall, it's been a strange few weeks though - maybe the eclipse? I'm feeling happy for two important couples in my life who tied the knot recently! Both weddings were loads of fun.

High Head



Anticipating
I'm looking forward to Labour Day weekend. Also, one of my dearest friends is going to be in Halifax for two whole weeks in September so looking forward to some quality time with her.

Our part-time houseguest for the past few weeks. 


XOXO
Glitterary Girl



No comments: